Psoriasis is not a life-threatening disease, so make your life as normal as possible. Eat, drink, sleep, and continue with your daily activities just like you used to do it before the diagnosis of the disease.
Yes, now you need to be extra careful for what you eat and drink in your day.
DIET CHART FOR PSORIASIS PATIENTS:
Early morning (7 am):
Take a cup of green tea or hot water, the first thing in the morning.
Breakfast (9 am):
Vegetable dalia, vegetable oats, vegetable poha, upma, idli, etc with boiled egg (egg white only).
1 glass of Fresh fruit juice or coconut water.
A bowl of rice with vegetable curry and dal. Add salads to your diet.
Evening (4 to 6 pm):
Take a bowl of sprouts, vegetable soup, chicken soup, etc.
Dinner (8 pm):
Take a chapatti with vegetable curry and a bowl of rice.
For psoriasis, it is best to avoid the following foods items:
- You can consume all the cereals, just avoid rye.
- All fruits are healthy but in psoriatic patient’s oranges, mango, strawberry, lime, berries are to be avaoided.
- Tomatoes, potatoes, brinjal, garlic, onion, chillies are best, if avoided.
- Milk, butter, cheese, curd should be avoided.
- Mustard and nutmeg should not be consumed by psoriatic patients.
- Canned juices, alcohol, in any form should be avoided.
Things do follow:
- Hydration is the important aspect of the body.
- Consider drinking 8 to 10 glasses of water daily. It helps to flush out the toxins from the body.
- Avoid roadside and junk food. Consume homemade, less spicy food on a regular basis.
- Exposed your body to the morning sunlight to gain vitamin D.
- Avoid stepping out in the direct sun during the day. The scorching heat causes irritation.